Saturday, June 18, 2005

Jessica Lunsford's Killer May Walk!


I hope that America is not too numbed to violence to care any longer about the Jessica Lunsford tragedy. It was reported last night on the O'reilly Factor that the killer of little Jessica Lunsford, may get off because, get this...The police did not read him his Miranda rights before questioning him. Not one time, but twice, the police questioned John Couey, alleged murder of Jessica whom he buried alive holding her stuffed dolphin after molesting her. During this questioning they obtained his confession.

Every kid in America knows "You have a right to remain silent, Anything you say can and will be used against you.....et. al. What was the sheriff thinking? They were just sitting down to coffee and danish with the guy and he blurted out a confession? They got so excited they forgot to read him his rights? Come on, even in Florida, as badly as the law is upheld, and as poorly as the innocent are protected (see Terry Schiavo) they must know that confessions don't hold up if they are obtained illegally.

What had been a mystery is why Peter Morango the District Attorney had refused to attempt to charge the other 3 individuals who resided in the same trailer with Couey, one of whom bought him a bus ticket out of town, knowing he was a sex offender, and that Jessica was missing. Now we know that it appears that the entire case is tainted and that he probably knew that it would be difficult enough to hold Couey himself.
Well, we still have hope that this guy will get the death penalty. Perhaps he can be tried by Judge Greer. Oh, I forgot, he only condemns the innocent.

4 Comments:

At 4:12 PM, Blogger Vito said...

We waste to much time and money on people like that. If they confess or are caught red handed doing something like that, take them out back and put a bullet in the head and be done with them.

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Shauna said...

I hear you Vito! Thanks for the comment.

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger Zagu said...

My dearest Shauna,

I just thought I would mention that I'm having trouble viewing your blog. I'm on firefox (latest version).

I made a pic of your blog so you can see what I'm seeing... Go to this link: http://img208.echo.cx/img208/1208/further0so.jpg

anyway, I enjoyed looking around and I'll be back. I'm at reutersvard.blogspot.com

Take care,

zagu

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Shauna said...

EEeks! I'm not sure what to do about this. Just replaced my other computer, on which I had firefox. It sure doesn't look like that on IE. I'm contacting "the authorities" for advice. Thanks Zagu. BTW, you have more patience than I do, to look around, when the blog looks like you see it! Take care, too.

Shauna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home